Background video isn't working on published site due to Chrome 66 update

Here it is showing that it works

1 Like

Thank’s for the replies:

It works in preview mode ( Like the video posted ) when you click the eye icon. It does not work on the published site.

Further to making my post, I have found that it plays in IE and Firefox but not Chrome, I have tried many things but nothing seems to work.

Thanks,

Niall

Idk I am not able to look at the published site, but if it makes any difference I did do preview mode on Chrome.

1 Like

Webflow are looking at it Background video isn't working on published site due to Chrome 66 update

1 Like

Ok - this is very strange but after HammerOz told me it was due to the Chrome update, I did turn off the Autoplay on the background video and then turned it back on again. Somehow it fixed this issue. So weird…

1 Like

Thanks for all the replies. It’s working now. Webflow have fixed it.

2 Likes

One more example: https://www.atarilife.com/
The background video doesn’t work in 66… version of Chrome both on Windows and on Mac.

—

I have websites where there’s a background Youtube video that do work in this new Chrome.
Follow the tutorial attached.

But still I wait for Webflow’s resolution on this, because Youtube is blocked in China and we can’t use this Youtube solution for some websites.

@cyberdave you guys fix this? My bg vid is working on chrome again

Hi @HammerOz, thanks, yes, the awesome Webflow dev team has pushed out an update to add a muted tag to the background videos automatically. Let me know if there is any new behavior with that which is unexpected.

As a side note, I would recommend to republish the site project if the bg video does not autoplay right away.

2 Likes

Nice one. Thanks to the team for sorting it

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.