Anyone else finding the CMS Editor really slow and buggy?

Hey,

I’ve been trying to upload content and images into the CMS (Designer not Editor) and I’m finding it really slow and buggy. Having to click things multiple times. Deleting text and then clicking on a new field and the text reappears.

Also, we used to be able to drop images into the CMS image field from the desktop (I have two screens and drag the images from my desktop on one screen into the Webflow CMS on the other screen). Since the CMS image field has been updated, it works on the first image upload but if you are replacing an image, it no longer works. Instead we’ve to click replace and find the image. This makes the process much slower and not very user friendly.

I think Webflow are in the process of making some big changes to the Designer and maybe CMS also with E-commerce coming.

Would love to hear from someone in Webflow or other users to see if others are experiencing this.

Thanks,

Diarmuid

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Also, I’ve just noticed that when I’m pasting in a chunk of text, many of the spaces are being missed so instead of a sentence pasting as “Mattress platform height”, it’s pasting as “Mattressplatform height”.

Hi @Diarmuid_Sexton,

Thanks for reaching out to us on this matter.

We are launching a complete rebuild of the core text editing functionality across all instances of the content editor across Webflow, what you’re describing is definitely some odd behavior coming from these changes.

Having to click things multiple times. Deleting text and then clicking on a new field and the text reappears.

For this case, we will greatly appreciate any additional information you can please provide, such as:

• Repro steps.
  • The browser/OS you’re using and seeing this problem in.
  • Screenshots or screencasts would be a wonderful extra.

Also, we used to be able to drop images into the CMS image field from the desktop

Our team is currently working on a fix that will allow this functionality back into the Rich Text field, we don’t have a specific time frame for launching this fix. Momentarily, the best work around is indeed to update or upload these images manually.

Also, I’ve just noticed that when I’m pasting in a chunk of text, many of the spaces are being missed.

When it comes to pasting, the rich content editor does a lot of processing to handle the way that different editing apps across the web handle unexpected HTML things that come in the clipboard, it’s highly possible that something like this is going on in this case. I’m not able to reproduce this one right away, any additional information for this case will be super helpful, such as the website you’re copying the text from and any of the steps mentioned for the first case :bowing_woman:

We’ll get back to you here as soon as we have more information and start rolling out some of these fixes.

Thank you so much for your patience, hopefully we will be able to get these issues fixed as soon as possible.

5 Likes

Hello again @Diarmuid_Sexton,

A quick update about the issue with dropping images into the CMS image field from the desktop, just double checked with the team, and this was actually an UX update and from now on, you can still upload an image by dragging it, it’s just the replacement that will need a manual update clicking on the field.

Any additional information on the other issues reported will be greatly appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.