Anchor Link to a page section on another page

Hi webflow,

I am working on a website, where I put some info about an upcoming event with two people that are mentioned with bio in the about section, I would like to link their names in the upcoming events section to their personal bio’s on the about section, I can’t seem to make it work. Any help?

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

@Aimanisms are you looking to anchor link to another page?

There’s some information here on how to do that, please let me know if you have any questions. Be sure to give the sections your linking to each a unique ID to link to.

Anchored linking from the menu to another page? - General - Forum | Webflow

Thank you,

Waldo :smile:

@waldo thanks for your fast response!

I am trying to link a word in a paragraph to a section on another page, i didn’t see in the other blog how I would be able to do this.

Hey @Aimanisms you’ll need to select the “external link” option when adding a link which anchors to a section on a different page.

Then you’ll put in your website address: mywebsite.com/pagename#sectionname

Anchor links & ID’s are Case Sensitive, so make sure that you have the “#sectionname” above, in the exact same type-case.

So say you where linking to Patricia Chica’s profile on a page named “profiles”.

You would need to give the section which their profile appears at an ID of say: “patricia-chica”

And the link you’d add in would be: Fastest Web Hosting Services | Buy High Quality Hosting

Here’s another post on creating anchor links: Looking for a scroll - to - anchor point solution - #16 by scottbarbey - General - Forum | Webflow

Please let me know if you have any questions. :smile:

Thank you,

Waldo

4 Likes

It sort of works, it just behaves weirdly on the page.

Am I doing something wrong, my shared link is: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/portfolion?preview=45e26a175326728ec6d8a2e379c636f3

It will only really work when you publish the site, testing it in the Designer Preview will not show how it really works. :slight_smile:

I did publish it, and work from the site link itself, but still same issues: www.theunlimitedactor.com

Testing something real quick, I now see the issue you are referring to. Thank you!

Waldo

your welcome :smile: so how can we solve it :slight_smile:

Try changing the ID to be on the “team-member-title” instead of on the team-member-block @Aimanisms :smiley: We’ll find a solution! :slight_smile:

I tried, didn’t work.

How about trying to change your container class to relative position, full. As well as setting the “team-member-title” class to relative. We’ll get to the bottom of this. :slight_smile:

Also, be sure to go to your Navbar settings, and check the disable the scroll offset when fixed box.

2 Likes

Yay!!! This SOLVED it :D, thanks @waldo!

1 Like

My pleasure to help, please let me know if there’s anything else I can help with. :smiley:

Thank you,

Waldo

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.