Adding google Adsense on site

Hi Guys

I am having issues adding google adsense to my site.
I noticed many posts on the forum for years ago but no one ever answered or replied.
Can i please have some advice on how I could possibly add to my chosen pages.

Many thanks

Hi @Grant1

Are you adding your adsense code using the embed component?

Hi Pixelgeek,
I sure am but no joy so far.

Hi everybody
I am using a free version of Webflow. If now I upgrade to CMS package. Can I place Google Adsense ad code on the webflow?

Hi @Phong_Kham_Kinh_Do welcome to the community! :smiley:

You cannot add custom code snippets, like Google Adsense, to your Webflow project until you either upgrade your account plan or add a site plan to your project.

Hope this helps

I’m looking to solve this Adsense problem as well, I do have an upgraded plan. What steps would I need to take?

Hi @oren - You just need to paste the Google adsense code in the before body custom code area.

Hi @webdev, still no luck here. I’ve created a new test page and pasted the adsense code in the before body tag in the page settings.

Example code of what’s pasted:

Do I need to add anything else? What else am I missing?

Read only link here: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/twoish-0eba63?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=twoish-0eba63&preview=9e7a114879ab7ce7d9e18107f2a8e9c4&pageId=5e54267d4b28e1d2e9f97fd6&mode=preview

Here is a clue;

message: "adsbygoogle.push() error: Only one AdSense head tag supported per page. The second tag is ignored."
name: "TagError"

Ok I now only have the code in the before body tag in the page settings, but not seeing anything on the page.

Even so, I still have questions as to how the custom code is supposed to work here. Where would the ad even appear on the page? Am I supposed to add in a styled div block somewhere on the canvas?

I am trying to implement adsense on my account also and it is not showing on the published site. I am using the HTML embed element.

i am going to ad different adsence accounts on my webflow cms site one per page. would this work using webflow?

I too have this question. So I have to upgrade to try out this functionality? No thanks. I want to know if / how to do this BEFORE shelling out money to upgrade. I’ve coughed up money too many times on other lousy website builders only to find out their Adwords functionality stinks.
If Webflow works well, why not let us try all of the functionality first, and then charge us if and when we publish?

Just noting for others who have this question.

In Webflow’s 100% free trial, where you are using a free workspace with a free site plan, you can use most features of the designer, CMS, Memberships… but not custom code. I am not certain of the reasoning there, but it’s a key restriction.

However, in the case of testing Adsense, Google requires a lot more than just that code snippet. It requires you to;

• build out your site with actual content on your site, so that it can evaluate your request for ads placement, and choose appropriate ads to display
  • configure / design your site to indicate where ads should be placed in your pages
  • add an ads.txt file
  • publish the site to a custom domain, which you submit to adsense
  • go through an evaluation process

Google doesn’t just let you just slap it in, and that’s true for any platform you use.