Accordion interaction with CMS not working properly

Hi all! :slight_smile:

I’m fairly new to webflow and as for now I’ve figured out most of its features/particularities, still I’ve stumbled upon an issue that I can’t seem to solve.
For the Menu Section of this website I’m building (see link) I created an accordion interaction to hide and show the different menu options upon clicking on its name, then I added to it a CMS collection so the editors can edit all the different menus. My client would like the links to open one at a time, and not for ex. two simultaneously. That means, once you click on the trigger link the menu window drops down and when you click on the next one the previous open window would close and the next one would then open. I figured how to do it without the CMS in that I would tell the interaction to target the dropdown element (accordion item) and set it to affect only its siblings. But since I’ve added the CMS collection to it it doesn’t work in that way anymore.
Any tipps, suggestions, solutions would be much appreciated ! :pray:

Thanks!
:slight_smile:

Here is my public share link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/cocotte?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=dashboard&utm_content=cocotte&preview=47667e6f6108b2301a13ebd72354ef35&mode=preview
(how to access public share link)

Hey there,

Maybe try a different approach.

Have two mouse click interactions as opposed to one. The first one closes all elements with that class and has no second mouse click action. This will work with the mouse interaction you have setup now. It allows for a second click of the currently open menu item to close itself.

2 Likes

Hey HammerOz,

It worked! :slight_smile: Thanks a lot!