Youtube Video Crop

Hello,

I am wanting to crop the YouTube video I have uploaded onto my site. My videos aspect ratio is slim at 10:4 and would I want to remove the black edges due to my cropped video on my site. It’s a panoramic video. I am not sure if I am doing it correctly as I have adjusted size and position on a DIV which the Youtube video is in.

The top is okay but the bottom still has the black edge framing.

I am switching over from Squarespace to Webflow and enjoying the freedom Webflow has on design.

Thanks a lot

YouTube aspect ratio 16:9 - if you upload 10:6 video - you see black bars (No way to change this). Read more her

Options:

• Use background video (Not youtube player)
  • Crop or stretch the video to 16:9 by any software/tool out there (Premier and so on).
  • Put the video inside a div wrapper smaller than the video (And use overflow: hidden). Cons: This idea will hide video controls/ui.

Anyway add live URL.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your quick response :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t think changing aspect ratio is a good method, because it still keeps the black bars. A better way is to crop (remove the black part) your video to 16:9 in some video cropping software. But you should pay attention to that if it stretches your cropped video to fit the original aspect ratio (Oops, back to 10:6).

I’m also a YouTuber created so many videos, and for sure used many free and paid software. And I found this article gives a detailed review over video cropping utilities and I will leave the link here in case any people need it.
https://www.videoproc.com/video-editor/free-video-cropper.htm

Hi, what was the solution? Could you crop the video? In if someone will need help with the cropping of the video I can suggest you this software called movavi. Maybe you heard about it. It has two pros that made me use it: it’s free and doesn’t ruin the quality of the video.

By accident, I saw your question. Maybe I can give some advice.

Google has offered an answer:

“The standard aspect ratio for YouTube on a computer is 16:9. If your video has a different aspect ratio, the player will automatically change to the ideal size to match your video and the viewer’s device.
For some video and device aspects ratios like 9:16 vertical videos on computer browsers, YouTube may add more padding for optimal viewing. The padding is white by default, and dark gray when Dark theme is turned on.
For best results, avoid adding padding or black bars directly to your video. Padding interferes with YouTube’s ability to adjust the player dynamically to your video size and the viewer’s device.”

However, it is not that detailed. Then, I found an article about YouTube video dimensions for uploading and know how to get the best video to upload to YouTube. Besides aspect ratio, there are also some other factors you should consider. Maybe you can have a look for your further YouTube uploading.

Hi, here is a method that can help you crop the Youtube video, you can use the TunesKit AceMovi to crop the video, you can choose the aspect ratio you want or adjust the aspect ratio by yourself.
Here is : https://youtu.be/nNf8J708O_g