Webflow slider stopped working - Console has JQuery errors

Hi,

The text on the left of the hero is a slider, this has randomly stopped working. Looking into it there seems to be a few errors in the console that i think might be the issue. They seems to be a Webflow issue as far as i’m aware. Errors listed below along with Webflow link.

https://pi-casting.webflow.io/

jquery-3.3.1.min.js:2 Uncaught Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: #/
at Function.oe.error (jquery-3.3.1.min.js:2)
at oe.tokenize (jquery-3.3.1.min.js:2)
at oe.select (jquery-3.3.1.min.js:2)
at Function.oe [as find] (jquery-3.3.1.min.js:2)
at w.fn.init.find (jquery-3.3.1.min.js:2)
at new w.fn.init (jquery-3.3.1.min.js:2)
at w (jquery-3.3.1.min.js:2)
at p (webflow.15668b0cd.js:29)
at a.ready.a.design.a.preview (webflow.15668b0cd.js:29)
at S (webflow.15668b0cd.js:7)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Read only link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/pi-casting?utm_source=pi-casting&preview=f397a2e8e7c4b131240832ca16101af6

1 Like

Can you share a read-only link?

I have added a read only link to the original post. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Do you have custom code on your project?

Yes, we have slick slider being implemented and a range of custom jQuery and CSS. I did remove all custom code and republished, but still had the same issue.

Once I removed the html embed element from the footer, and ticked the ‘autoplay slides’ the slider works.

2 Likes

Wow! Thank you. A typo has caused me hours of head scratching. The html embed in the footer had a accidental / after the href

href=“#/” class=“social-icon-wrapper twitter” title=“Twitter Social Profile”

All seems to fixed now.

Thank you again.

1 Like

Out of interest, how did you figure out it was the HTML embed causing the issue?

It’s where I usually start the debugging process.
Those are The Usual Suspects… :smiley:

2 Likes

I will remember that from now on :+1::metal:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.