Webflow Schema cant add rich text

Trying to upload Schema in Javascript for Job Board

Our Job description is in Rich Text Format

And Rich Text cannot be passed into
“description”: “{{wf-job-description-here}}”,

Anybody know how to add rich-text value in the ?

Hey Josef, your question is a bit vague.

I see what looks like a JSON key-value pair, and the word Schema.
Are you trying to create a LD+JSON schema? And embed rich text content into it from the CMS?

If so, no it’s not possible to do natively in Webflow. There are two problems with it;

1. Webflow doesn’t expose rich text fields through the + Add Field mechanism in HTML Embeds and Custom Code areas.
  2. Webflow HTML encodes content that it embeds. You need JSON encoding instead.

What you could do- though it’s a bit ugly, is this…

• Create a separate plain text field in the CMS, call it something like JSON Rich Text. Put it at the bottom of your fields list, and maybe add a note for clients, DO NOT EDIT.
  • Use your Rich Text CMS field for your editing and publishing, as the source of truth. Edit this field only.
  • Wire up an external automation that triggers any time CMS item is added or edited on that Collection. Use an external service like Make.com to get the Rich Text HTML, JSON encode it, and then store that result in your JSON Rich Text field.
  • Now you can embed that JSON Rich Text field content in your custom JSON.

Damn, alright. Thanks for the quick reply Michael.

Did you try this? How well did this work?
Even I am trying to add schema to my website, because of this rich text limitation, im looking into implementing it using the microdata format.

Json Ld was the clear winning format but what else could be done?

Let me know how well you tackled this issue.

Cheers

Keep in mind that JSON-LD properties like articleBody actually expect plaintext, not HTML, so richtext wouldn’t be useful here anyway.

You can use the approach I gave above, but I’ve found it best to HTML decode the richtext and then JSON encode the plaintext, to ensure it won’t invalidate your JSON-LD.

Importantly, this may be a waste of time as Google doesn’t seem to use large text properties such as articleBody in JSON-LD anyway. Check Google docs for the specific properties you’re wanting to do this for.

Thanks @memetican , This is a serious limitation of webflow. This could have been easily solved if they had allowed minimal styling options with plain text field. Now even if I want to use a short text with line breaks and style spans, Rich text is the only way, but then you wouldn’t be able to use it in a schema using their cms add field option.
Adding a separate field is definitely a workaround but it consumes a collection item.
Thanks for the suggestion.

I will let you know if I find any other workarounds for this!
Cheers