Webflow + CMS + Shopify - Best Approach?

Hey, Webflow community!

I have a project I am looking to start working on in the upcoming weeks, but I dont really know what the best approach would be or if it’s even possible with Webflow.

I am looking to create a Webflow Website that features as a CMS blog and is managed, updated, and edited in Webflow but also has Shopify integration. Specifically, I am looking to sell merch through the Webflow site and Shopify would be where everything is processed because i am looking to use platforms like Gelato and Printful for fulfillment.

Im sure it can be done, seeing how many clients I’m sure request Shopify Ecommerce and blog systems for their companies. Please let me know, thank yall!!

I haven’t put this into practice to say what works best, but have you reviewed the Webflow University steps?

Hi Port_of_Folio,

Thank you for your reply. I have reviewed the document in the past and I wasnt sure if this process could achieve the results I am looking for. I was looking to see if anyone had success using this process or another. I was hoping to avoid testing it myself until i knew for sure, its just a lot of hassle to have to setup a new Shopify and website page just to see if it works for what I am looking to achieve.

If you want to use those app you must use directly Shopify hosting, Shopify buy buttons do not support all the app of Shopify

1 Like

Hi Helix,

I have created a couple of projects using Webflow + CMS + Shopify. I chose the Shopify Light plan and use the ‘Buy Button’ on the page. That works great.

Have a look at www.capewinebestwine.de or www.weinkontor-seemann.de (both German, I am afraid) and see, if that would be an option. Implementing it is really easy :slight_smile:
Kind regards,
Holger

1 Like

Hi @Helix_Media not sure if you have found a solution yet beut we have been able to integrate the shopify buy button and webflow seemlessly whilst allowing you the designer to have control over the cart and button layouts. All editable within the webflow visual designer.

Here are a few examples we have worked on;

Happy to chat some more. My email is chris@clickyclicks.co.uk

Hello Holger,

it’s been a while but I hope you’ll respond. I’ve read your post, thank you for your valuable insight it helps a lot. However I noticed that you have the cart and checkout functions on the Webflow websites you mentioned, does that mean you built them using the Webflow Ecommerce plan rather than CMS?

My other question is do you use Shopify to process orders and everything (Customer info, order info, shipping, refunds … etc) or does Shopify only handles the payment and the rest is on Webflow?

kind regards,
Nouf

Hi Nouf,

Webflow is only handling the website as such, so to speak the presentation of the goods via CMS and everything around. All ecommerce functionality is handled by Shopify, starting with the Buy-Button, the shopping basket and the check-out. The Buy-Button is a piece of embedded code, that Shopify provides. Everything related to the shopping process is from them, Webflow is not involved.

This system is running stable for some years now and proved to be the cheapest option. The big advantage is, that you have the flexibility of Webflow, creating great websites, with add-on Shopify providing professional ecommerce. All back-office handling and processing is on Shopify.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Greetings from Bremen,
Holger

We have developed an integration between Webflow and Shopify, called Looop - https://www.uselooop.com, that enables you to use Webflow CMS to power a headless Shopify store.
With Looop, you can sync your Webflow CMS with Shopify and create an e-commerce store in Webflow.
Webflow will power the front end of your website, but all the data will be pulled from Shopify, allowing your customers to checkout using Shopify’s checkout. We have recently released a demo of Looop on YouTube, which you can watch to learn more.
https://youtu.be/wTA7OCRkeKc

1 Like