Use perspective in Element trigger

Hello I’m new to Webflow.

I want to create a perspective effect on an Element trigger but when I use the rotate function in the Element trigger section it only rotates as a 2D object. There is no setting for perspective as there is in the Style panel. So can I use the Self-perspective here?

The other option I have it so set the perspective transform in the Hover menu of the DIV block but then I have the problem that I can’t trigger another object to transform.

Thanks!

Nobody? I’m bumping this because I haven’t found a solution

same here, I couldn’t figure it out.

Hello everyone, my first post in this forum and i got a solution or rather an alright workaround.

Shortest answer: I made a thing. (took me about 2 hours, hope it helps someone)

Short answer:
The object you want to act like a 3D object (e.g. actually rotating in 3D, not flat) must have a wrapper that has the perspective attribute for it’s children and now the child elements can be animated in a 3D environment. Here is the catch: If you use any transform animations for the wrapper through the Webflow animation UI (as most will probably do), it will overwrite the transform attribute and make it lose it’s perspective value. transform: ... ; on the wrapping container will then be overwritten, which breaks the whole 3D effect.

Webflow translates the perspective value set by the user through the UI into the actual CSS as follows:
transform: perspective(...px);
And obviously any following transform-animations will overwrite the transform attribute.

I just had this issue and l looked for the cause using the dev tools.