Unmute Vimeo video on click trigger

Hey there! I’ve been stuck for a few days on this. I hope someone can really help me out here.

I have multiple CMS items (work projects). Each one of them contains different content so I’m putting everything inside a rich text element (see picture below)

Inside this Rich Text, I need to put 1 to 5 videos for each project. I’m using the embedded code element because I need to customize the Vimeo video.

Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 19.54.05

All the videos I embedded are on autoplay and muted.

Now, I yet have 2 ISSUES:

1. Unmute video when user clicks the video (or mute/unmute sound button). Most important.

1. On my browser all videos load on autoplay but on my friends only the first video of the page.

I’d be super grateful to anyone who helps me please!

Thanks a lot.

Hey @Quitos, are you able to provide a read-only link to your project?

1 Like

PORTFOLIO SHARED LINK

Videos are on the PROGRAMS TEMPLATE PAGE > see MAC / BACKSTAGE project. Two working videos there.

Thanks!!

Hey @Quitos , sorry about the delayed response but looking through your embed, it does not showcase the volume control. Do you own the videos that you are embedding, i.e. are they originating from your Vimeo account videos?

The controls missing from your videos (Hard to know why - maybe something related to video owner / Vimeo Plus options – this is why I prefer YouTube).

Your video (Without any parameter == default setting):
https://player.vimeo.com/video/271378807

VS "normal" video with controls (also default setting):
https://player.vimeo.com/video/76979871

Thanks guys. I solved it today with custom js.

Hey @Quitos , sorry about the delayed response but looking through your embed, it does not showcase the volume control. Do you own the videos that you are embedding, i.e. are they originating from your Vimeo account videos?

My client owns the video and I have access to its Vimeo account. I was embedding the videos without controls on purpose because client said so. Also without sound and in autoplay.

The controls missing from your videos (Hard to know why - maybe something related to video owner / Vimeo Plus options – this is why I prefer YouTube).

Like answered above.

Thanks guys anyways but I solved it a few hours ago. I used some JS to mute / unmute the iframe and added an icon on top the iframe so the user can mute/unmute. That was my end goal.

If anyone come accross the same issue just bump this thread and I’ll be happy to post my solution.

Again, much appreciated the help from @Siton_Systems and @imtiazraqib ! Cheers.

1 Like

Glad you figured it out @Quitos!

1 Like

please post the solution i also need a external button for mute and unmute