Unexpected behavior... checkbox blocked after Webflow update?

Dear Webflow community,

Last year, I developed a quotation form for my website (https://www.innovatiana.com). This is a multi-steps form with checkboxes for the type of services my clients & prospects are requesting. You can access the quotation form here.

I noticed that I no longer received demands from this form since mid-March… and after we did a check, it seems the checkboxes are no longer clickable for some reason…

This is a major issue for me as it’s impacting my Sales pipe… Any idea how I can fix this? We didn’t change anything on the form or website; thus I assume this is linked to a recent Webflow update.

Thank you!
Nick

It looks like you’re using a MSF solution from videsigns.
All I can see is that the checkboxes are marked as disabled in your generated HTML.

I’m not familiar with their products, but that’s where your problem is occurring, either a configuration issue or something disabled in the platform.

Note you have a weglot error as well but it’s not likely to be related to this issue.

Thanks for your answer.

On the MSF solution from videsigns, I’m not aware of it - but let me explore that… This wasn’t happening before.

On the weglot error - can you tell me more? We have been fixing a few recently, so I’m curious to hear about that. Thank you.

Whatever multi-step-form service you’re using, you’ll want to contact them.
Videsigns is the library code I saw mentioned that appeared related.

You can see it in your browser console. I don’t use Weglot so I can’t tell you what might be misconfigured there.