Unable to access Editor Mode

Hello,

I’m having trouble accessing the Editor Mode for my site. I can enter the Designer mode without any issues, but when I attempt to switch to Editor mode, it fails to load, and I’m presented with the following error message: ‘Request is malformed: Missing locales in CMS Query.’

Two other accounts, both with Editor access, have encountered the same problem and have made attempts to resolve it using Incognito mode and different web browsers, all without success.

The Editor Mode was functioning perfectly in the past and remains operational for all other websites within my Workspace, except for this one.

Any solutions? Thanks (-:

Here is my site Read-Only: Webflow - Small Giants Academy

3 Likes

Based on the error message alone, it sounds like a localization bug. Webflow’s in the middle of a big rollout so a lot of things are breaking.

I’d contact support- in general if you get added to the localization beta, some of these issues appear to be resolved there.

1 Like

We have the same issue with one of our websites. Hope it gets resolved soon.

1 Like

Just had the exact same bug, cant log into the editor at all, shown a red warning ‘request is malformed’ need a fix asap please

1 Like

Ran into the same issue this morning during an onboarding to the Editor with a client. Really awkward. Still can’t get into the Editor 6 hours later. Other (new) editors can’t access the it either. Any work arounds??

Edit: The Editor for other sites we’re working seem available. It’s just this one we’re having issues with.

1 Like

Dear Webflow Team, please increase the urgency on this task. I have been unable to access the Editor as a client for the entire day!
We do not have any localization on the website.

1 Like

same problem here, hope it get resolved fast

Same problem here. Good luck to us all

2 Likes

Same problem here. The client has been pressuring me all day :frowning:

I’ve submitted a ticket to support with this thread.

For anyone posting here, please include your webflow.io URL.
That contains your shortname, which is how support quickly ID’s sites;

e.g. for the OP, it’s-
https://small-giants-academy.webflow.io/

Its extremely annoying. I have clients looking for my website. I hope WF get this sorted

read-only Link:
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/stephenson?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=stephenson&preview=83271eec4786ee7840c939a6b919d89a&pageId=654d1ff03d22017d55cd66cd&workflow=preview

Same thing here

https://qeels-landing.webflow.io

Same problem. This is a county website. We are required to notify the public of upcoming public meetings and are unable to update the website to do so.
https://adamscountyidaho.webflow.io

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/adamscountyidaho?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=dashboard&utm_content=adamscountyidaho&preview=2121aaf7c7b9b50f172ff853b64a7166&workflow=preview

Do you have a ticket number you can share?

I created a ticket for good measure, 475377. I linked to this article to let them know many others are having the same problem.

site link : Webflow - Parsanavidi

Mine’s 474945, but I am not sure they have a means to cross-reference them.

Well, this is disheartening. How has this not been fixed yet? It seems to have been going on in some form or fashion for years. What’s the deal here?

I had the same issue recently on a client website. It was working fine before with no changes, but the editor log in just stopped working. The problem is some code on the home page that is preventing editor interface. The solution is to find out what code that is through the process of elimination. What I did:

1. I made a duplicate of the website and tested there first

2. I changed the homepage to a new page that is blank to see if the editor window would appear upon published changes. It did. So I knew it wasn’t becuase of pop up blockers, which I didn’t have on any of my browsers.

3. I copied the original homepage so I had a record of all the HTML sections and code within.

4. I reverted the blank page back to the original homepage as the webflow default homepage, since I knew the blank page worked as far as the editor window is concerned.

5. On the original homepage, one by one, I removed each section, published and tested to see if the editor window would appear. I found my offending section this way.

6. Rebuilt the outermost section with the same CSS class as the original offending section, but nothing inside it. Published. Editor worked

7. Copied the cotents from the offending section (from the copied version of the homepage) into the newly built section (of the current homepage) with the same CSS class, published. IT WORKED!

Learning outcome: for me, somehow the Section element was corrupted and I just had to add a new Section element and paste all the original cotents back in. And of course remove the old Section element (same class name - go figure??) and everything worked just fine.

Hope this helps everyone!