I need help about sire performance. On mobile devices reports are saying sending request to Google fonts are decreasing the page speed performance. I searched too many topics about it. I deleted unused fonts, classes. but still i had an issue about performance. In some post people recommended to add fonts staticly. I uploaded Montserrat font from Custom Font’s section on project setting and i determined which classes are still using default Montserrat Font. Right now, i don’t have any classes using default Montserrat font but still webflow sending request to google to download all of the Montserrat fonts. Is it normal behavior? Is there any idea how to block send a request to google’s fonts API?
Thanks for everyone.
Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)
The likely thing is you didn’t remove all instances of that font from your project. And by default wf loads full font family, yes.
Check your symbols just in case, fonts could lurk there.
hello, thanks for your answer. Actually i check te symbols but i cant see default wf font. Also I download min.css and i unminify it, But there is no Montserrat, sans-serif font
Share a link to a published page so we can check the rendered CSS.
Hi Jeff, Thanks for your response. Here is my webflow link: https://winnowpro-fram-11f6817a6e-6776e6cd0afbb.webflow.io/
You could start with the Body element. Looking at your CSS shows 105 instances of the string
thanks Jeff but this is what i upload. I download the Montserrat font from google and i change the name of it with Montserrat2. Then i upload from Fonts section on Project setting…
I can share my read only link if you need
I just rescanned the CSS and the string
Montserrat, (case insensitive) and it was not present. So I can’t see why the webfont.js is loading the font. If you republished your site it should be gone. Kick it to support and let them take a look.