Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Trouble Editing Elements

I am having all kinds of trouble editing page elements. Images work but no text. Tried in Safari and Chrome on my MacBook Pro 2017. I see the pencil but it wont let me type?

Here is my site Read-Only:

I just cloned and tried another site and still won’t let me edit so it is not the site that is the issue it seems.

Just tried in latest Chrome, Safari and FF and none of them let me visually edit? What is going on?

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out! and for bringing this to our attention! This definitely sounds like strange behavior and I’m happy to help investigate this issue.

Can you please try the following:
(1) Try to reproduce the error while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode with browser extensions turned off:

(2) If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and send it to me:
Thanks in advance and I’ll be standing by for your response!

Kind regards,

It still won’t work.

Same thing in Safari as Chrome

All of these were in Private our Incognito mode

I also rebooted twice, cleared all history. All other sites seem fine. I just can’t use the Webflow editor.

@bgarrant - Are you describing an issue when using the designer or editor or both? Do you have access to the Designer?

Designer seems fine. Just the Editor

All sites are doing it which is really odd.

See this

I just tried on a Windows machine and same issue. Cant edit the sites using Editor. Is my account corrupted or something?

Have you tried to create an editor, then logged in as that editor and then tried to edit content?

I don’t use the editor so I never tested editing content as the designer. I can confirm what you are seeing. None of my clients called, so I suspect that this is the current behavior. Someone from webflow would need to chime in on this.

It normally works no matter what login is used. It is not allowing me to edit anywhere right now. I will create a user to test but that has never been the behavior before.

I suspect no one is editing as it is happening everywhere for me. I need support help on this ASAP before clients start calling. All sites are in development so just one user setup at moment. It worked every day up till today so something is wrong.

I opened a support ticket as this seems like a much bigger issue. It is NOT limited to my machine or network. Happens everywhere I try now.

thanks for letting us know. I’ll write up a bug ticket for you and keep you updated.

So please keep me posted. I have two sites just about ready to launch.