Transferring After Effects Animation via 'Bodymovin'

Hi there. I’m really hoping someone can help me with this.

I am attempting to transfer a basic spinning text with graphic from Adobe After Effects via bodymovin plugin. However, the json file that I transfer onto webflow always appears blank? The json file itself when importing through body movin plugin when double-clicked, just takes me back to Ae.

Any suggestions? Has anyone had these type of problems before with this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Gareth.

Hello @Gareth_Ellison,

Did you follow all the steps from this video Bodymovin extension for After Effects — After Effects & Lottie in Webflow - YouTube? I hope this helps!

Hi Pablo. Thanks for getting back to me. I followed them yes. That was the video I used when attempting. It’s weird because it has worked with a more simple animation without the image. I thought it may have been because I never compressed and selected to include any JPEG or PNG files with the conversion, but this also doesn’t work.

I’ve raised the problem through Adobe Ae to see if they can shed any light on it and will report back. The only other concern I had, is that when attempting to loop the animation I used code ‘loopOut(“cycle”,0)’ to the last cycle. This worked in terms of doing it’s job of looping.But as you can see from orange strip produced an error message.

I’ll redo the animation again without the loop and also wait for any input from Adobe forum and report back in case anyone else has these issues. It’s really frustrating.

Thanks
Gareth.

1 Like

I have the same issue. I think it may have something to do with the linked compositions within your layers of the composition your exporting, it goes blank in the render. If not blank then there would be a symbol of an image file. Did you find a solution to this?

update I’m noticing that you have json files in your project panel. that’s not what I’m doing, I may be mistaken about our issues being similar