Sub Menu Within Dropdown Menu

Hi all,

I’m trying to create something like this:

Essentially a 3 tier drop down menu Menu > Sub Menu > Menu items

Here’s the above example for you to see for yourself - https://www.virginexperiencedays.co.uk/

I can make a drop down menu no problem, but it’s getting that next level - an ‘on-hover’ menu within that drop down I am struggling with.

When I add a ‘Dropdown Toggle’ within the dropdown menu, this literally adds a drop down menu within the drop down menu.

Any help will be hugely appreciated!

EDIT: No link to share at the moment as I’m trying to get the navigation sorted on this brand new website first!

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hi,
Other members will jump in, but I’ll be honest menus are fairly complex when it’s anything above 1 link. You’ll need to create this from scratch, no components are going to get you there completely. Depending on the number of levels, these types of menus take a while.

I would definitely stop and think about how the opening and closing will work. Because you will absolutely want to make sure the primary trigger is the parent and all other menu items are “children”; not outside the parent’s level.

This will allow you to build one, then simple copy it multiple times without recreating each one :slight_smile: Yeah, it would not be pretty without this.

Hope that helps.

1 Like