Slider starts on mouse hover. Don't know code

Hi, i’m trying to figure out how to do this. As you can see in the picture, the product image is still. Once you have the mouse hover on top of the image, it because into a slider that shows other images of the product. I tried using the slider for the product image, but what happens is that it just keeps on playing on loop once the page loads and the slider stops when you have the mouse hover on top of it. Is it because i have auto play selected? That’s the only way I can have the slider work.

I was told that it’s only doable by custom code. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me.

Hi, i’m trying to figure out how to do this. As you can see in the picture, the product image is still. Once you have the mouse hover on top of the image, it because into a slider that shows other images of the product. I tried using the slider for the product image, but what happens is that it just keeps on playing on loop once the page loads and the slider stops when you have the mouse hover on top of it. Is it because i have auto play selected? That’s the only way I can have the slider work.

Hi @morimori, thanks for your post and question.

The Slider will autoplay from the first slide starting on page load if the autoplay option is checked.

Hovering over the slider will pause the slider and hovering back out of the slider will resume the slider autoplay.

You can adjust the autoplay interval from the Slider settings, see here: Slider | Webflow University

It is not built in native to start the slider from a hover at the moment except through maybe using some custom code perhaps, you could post about that in the code help category here in the community pages.

When autoplay is not enabled, then the user can still switch slides using the navigation arrows in the slider.

1 Like