I am using API to send data to one of my collections. Everything’s fine for 6 months, but today I have received “Referenced item not found” error.
As I can see, there is a part in payload 'category': '64d8f517e5135a6a82bed432'.
It references to other collection and when I get a list from that referenced collection, item and id is there:
There appears to have been changes made to the api causing issues with multi-reference fields showing as not valid or not present in both v1 and v2 of the API. Several people are reporting the issue in the last week. This is serious and I’m having the same problem. Webflow better get this sorted out quickly! Very frustrating!
This error started occurring on us a few days ago. We find that it only occurs when both of these conditions are satisfied
a reference field is being updated.
We tried a work around where we sent two APIs. First we update the reference field first, then we send another api to change publish status to Live.
This does not return the item not found error. The second API does not return error, but the CMS item is not actually published, and thus does not show up on the web.
Even when editing the CMS item manually through the UI there is a bug. You cannot edit a CMS item and then click save and publish. You need to save first, and the publish the whole site for item to show.
We have the same issue reported here for our website. API calls previously working fine, now we see this issue. Please let me know if there are details I can provide to try and get this resolved.
We are also using API v1.