Rearrange order of pages and keyboard shortcut switching pages

I’m thinking about the overall design of the pages panel. We’ll be adding nested folders (for URL structuring) and drag and drop. Do you guys have any unique ideas or suggestions besides these basic features?

1 Like

Those two things are the only ones that I’ve bumped up against and wish I had, so they would be awesome!

As a plus, it occurs to me that nested lists like this would are great if you can collapse/expand too.

Perhaps a small point but Enter key to create new page would be nice.

A counter would be a good tool for those websites with many pages as well as it will help people plan better the number of pages if in a limited plan.

Thanks for the feedback guys! Our next iteration of the pages panel will rock your pants (in a good way). Here’s a sneak peak. No hard ETA for launch, but we want to built it soon.

Any feedback?

6 Likes

@thesergie, looks great! Search will be really welcome.

Hopefully the folders are collapsable, yes? I’m assuming they are reflected in the urls (site.com/customers/customers-main, for example)?

One thought related to the Pages panel but not your screenshot: It would be nice if one of the options in a page’s setting was to duplicate the page. The current New Page / duplicate / list of current pages affordance probably makes sense to keep as well, but 30 years of GUI use has me well trained to select an object and take an action on it, like duplicating a file in the Finder. (We don’t go to New File > Duplicated existing file > List of all existing files…)

Thanks for the great work making Webflow better every day!

Any ETA on this next iteration?

Great work as always Webflow team :wink:

Hopefully the folders are collapsable, yes? I’m assuming they are reflected in the urls (Login | HSTS Redirection Community, for example)?

Yep that’s correct!

One thought related to the Pages panel but not your screenshot: It would be nice if one of the options in a page’s setting was to duplicate the page. The current New Page / duplicate / list of current pages affordance probably makes sense to keep as well, but 30 years of GUI use has me well trained to select an object and take an action on it, like duplicating a file in the Finder. (We don’t go to New File > Duplicated existing file > List of all existing files…)

I agree! Been wanting to implement this in the new UI but we had to table it because of lack of time.

Any ETA on this next iteration?

We don’t have anyone on the project right now, but we are actually considering adding someone very soon. I’ll keep you posted.

Would absolutely love this!
Unfortunately this issue of re ordering pages etc is currently making prototyping with Webflow a nightmare… Not being able to re-order pages means you have to work in an awkwardly linear way, creating a mess if you need to make different versions of a page.

I would happily take this feature now over anything else in the pipeline just for its shear convenience. My current solution was to create my own chrome extension that injects js on each designer view load that re orders my pages either alphabetically or numerically depending on what i need. A nasty hack but needed for sanity :). This feature is a must. Thanks guys!

awesome! are those indented pages representing pages placed in sub-folders?

Yep! You’ll be able to have folders inside folders as well. We’re aiming to make it very flexible for you guys.

2 Likes

Hey wait a damn minute… what is that 3x circle symbol under the pages icon? It looks suspicious to me @thesergie :wink:

3 Likes

@jaidenraleach How did that get there? Looks like a JPEG artifact to me… :wink:

@tim It’s in the works - we have an awesome engineer working on this project already! Hoping to have more news soon.

What were you guys thinking for keyboard shortcuts between pages?

3 Likes

HEH. Those darn JPEG artifacts :wink:

Thanks for the update! Really looking forward to this!

Hope we will have an option to tick “make page css” in the next drop.

Could you explain a little more what you mean by this? Sounds interesting…

@Benzai_san @ramatsu @clickryan @tim @webguy @jaidenraleach, we just started a beta of our new page reordering (and nesting) feature:

@Daniel_Sun, we’ve also included a simpler way to see how many pages you have remaning (though it’s only visible once you reach 75% of your max page limit):

4 Likes

That’s excellent news @callmevlad, thanks again :smile: