Published Page Redircting to 404

Hi everyone,

There are several topics on this, but I can’t find one that solves my problem. I have a Thank You page nested in a folder, returning a 404 error. The page is published, the slug appears correct (should be /blog/thank-you), and the folder slug is correct. I’ve tried unpublishing and republishing it, and I’ve looked for an errant redirect. I can’t find the issue. Do you have any ideas?

Here is my site Read-Only: Webflow - NL Benefits

Here is the specific page at issue: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/nl-benefits?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=dashboard&utm_content=nl-benefits&preview=5abde1869df2ac164f735f4d4b505d8d&locale=en-US&pageId=66287626f5b5e21138fe16f3&workflow=preview

Here is the published page: https://www.nlbenefits.com/blog/thank-you

Everything looks good on your end.
For some reason something went wrong with the publishing, you can see some un-expanded macros here.

I’d try re-publishing, and then if that doesn’t work, you might risk un-publishing and re-publishing but I’d be worried if your site is live and active as there my be something that prevents it from re-publishing correctly.

As a sanity check, you could;

1. Clone
  2. Publish the clone
  3. Check the clone, and if it works
  4. Un-publish and republish your main site
  5. Then if that fell over as an emergency, you can quickly migrate your publish settings, domain, and hosting plan over to the cloned site, which doesn’t suffer from the same issue.

Worth contacting Webflow support either way though so they know something is up.

Hmm…Okay, so far, I’ve narrowed it down to an issue with the Blog folder itself. When I create the same thank you page with no parent, it publishes fine. But as soon as I move it to the Blog folder, it breaks. If I delete the blog folder and recreate it, anything in it breaks. If I create an entirely new page for testing within this blog folder, it breaks.

I’ve never seen this before - I’ll definitely forward to support.

Now you’re teasing the engineer part of my brain.
Does it freak out in a folder of a different name or slug?

If support has an answer related to your site configuration, please share as well.

So…if I create a different folder called Blog Posts with the slug /blog-posts, it publishes fine.

https://www.nlbenefits.com/blog-posts/thank-you-copy

Intriguing, and nothing special on /blog like password, access groups, etc?
I wonder what support will find.

Nope.

The automated message from support did mention a high volume of ticket submissions at this time, though. It may be related, but I have no idea. This first occurred last night. I just thought I was missing something obvious and set out to take a second look tonight.

Oh, here are the main /blog page settings, too. No access restrictions:

Unfortunately that’s a standard message. I don’t think it has changed in 2 or 3 years.
That said, there are some designer issues currently so the support team probably is unusually busy right now.

I’ve never seen the publishing glitch before that you have though, that’s intriguing.

@memetican Got an answer - and, like always, it was a super simple solution. The blog template page also had a slug of /blog/. So, the Blog folder shouldn’t have been able to have the slug /blog/, but the relevant error was not firing as it should. Support is going to get that error working so others aren’t stumped.

1 Like