Older Safari versions rendering ALL text black

Hi everyone,

I am experiencing an issue where all text on safari 12 or older is rendering black.
The issue was described in the forum before :

Unfortunately this solution doesn’t work for me. Did anyone experience a similar problem before?

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

hi @Timon can I ask why you checking back compatibility for Safari 12 and older. S12 was released September 17, 2018 and last Update before S13 was July 22, 2019 and S13 was released September 19, 2019. Safari I not IE. :slight_smile:

Vast majority of Apple users update their system regularly so there is maybe a few users who didnt update their system but I have doubt.

Anyway according to reference from caniuse -webkit-text-fill-color works from Safari 3.1

Please double check you have applied it properly

Hi @Stan ,
unfortunately do I have a customer, who apparently has a lot of colleagues with outdated Safari versions, as I had multiple complaints coming in.

Would usually not check for compability like this, if I didn’t have to :slight_smile:

However,

-webkit-text-fill-color: initial;

actually worked for me in the end, just had to apply it to the body instead of the actual element.

Thanks for the reply!

1 Like

hi @Timon that is good news, so if issue doesn’t persist feel free to close your request as solved.

Have a great day :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.