Noob Can't Get Transitions to Work

Hi All,

For some reason, I can not get transitions to work at all. I created a blank page, put one text box on it, and added a simple transition. When I interact with the text, nothing happens.

Do I need to set a state for the transition to work? And if so, how would I do that?

Here is the test page I created TTest

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Here is my public share link: Webflow - AI John's Place
(how to access public share link)

upon looking at your read-only link, that page has no interactions or custom code added. What is the transition suppose to do?

@PixelGeek Thank you for your solution. I am very new to all of this. I figured out how to add a trigger, but I am assuming that I need to add some custom code to activate the transition? Is there someplace you can point me that shows me how to write that code?

While I was testing this, and trying to find answers online, I ran across a different issue. When I add a state to the element (textbox), I set a text shadow. The effect works fine. However, if I deselect the textbox, then select it again, the Hover state that I added is gone and the state is set to None. But, the text shadow that I added for the Hover state still works as if the Hover state was there.