New user joined this website-Notification Alert

When someone is visiting home page of my website, I want to show a notification at top that new user x has joined my website. How can I implement this?

1 Like

If you’re just trying to create representative data, you can e.g. catalogue the last 20 registrations, and retrieve them through an API you call at page load. With JS and a time that makes it relatively easy to say “Bob joined, from Tampa, FL…” and it’s legit data, just not legit on the join timing.

If you want an actual realtime feed, you some more work to do. Some form of messaging system and a broadcast that can communicate it to all current open browser tabs viewing your site. Since you do not have the ability to do server-side programming in Webflow, you’d likely need a 3rd party platform that can integrate with e.g. Zapier.

Then the flow would be… new user registers / order is placed / other site event → triggers automation on a platform like zapier → pushes a notification to a notarization platform → transmits that notification to all subscribed browsers.

Check out Pusher and Ably as services that could work for you here.

Hi,

I don’t think using third-party services is necessary to accomplish this. You can use a JavaScript package and custom code like this ,to accomplish this!