Navbar Banner/Dropdown list

I have a few issues going on with my website in the navbar, and it’s probably because of the template I used but I have not been able to fix it.

Firstly, I’m unable to properly put a banner on top of my navbar. As you can see in the loom, it doesn’t input correctly so I’m not sure if i need to replace my navbar or if there is a way to get around it.

Secondly, when trying to put a dropdown menu into the navbar, the dropdown menu is limited to the size of the navbar. When opening it, the dropdown gets cut off unless the size of the dropdown gets extended. I don’t want to make the navbar transparent, and can’t figure it out.

Any advice on how to fix the 2 problems is appreciated. I would also be ok with paying someone to fix this and some other things i want in my site.

Loom: Webflow - L.S.K Property Management - 3 May 2024 | Loom

Here is my site Read-Only: Webflow - L.S.K Property Management

Hey Matthew,

If you’re trying to just place your banner above your navbar on the homepage alone, you probably want to subclass and modify your header class. Currently it’s flex, horizontal so when you place another element inside of it, it tries to arrange it adjacent to your nav component.

However if you change the header it will affect your other pages as well, so be careful.

Second, dropdowns- your Nav inside the component is set to overflow none, so it clips. I’m not sure why it’s set that way, the original designer may have done it intentionally so check your changes carefully.

You can likely fix these yourself, but if you need some dev work done, you can click my name and I’ll send you my details.

Beautiful, thank you so much. One more question though, how come the banner is only showing properly on the home page? When i try copy & pasting into a separate page, it doesn’t go all the way to the top and if i edit the formatting it affects the original one on the home page. Is there a way to disconnect the link between them and format it properly? Or some other way? Thanks.

Read only: Webflow - L.S.K Property Management

I’m not clear on exactly what you’re trying to do there, or what problem you’re having. If you have the same elements with the same classes on a different page, they will generally display the same.

The only modifiers are really the containing wrappers or custom CSS/JS.

Most likely you’ve missed a class or you’re placing it inside of a different element which is affecting it in some way.