Looking for a Webflow-like Tool Specific to Design

Hi Community,

I’ve come to love the way Webflow allows us to design on their platform - flexbox, padding, margins, classes, etc.

I was just wondering if there are any design tools out there that allow you to interact with the elements similarly to how Webflow does, and then allows you to export your designs - for use on a Webflow site of course!

Thanks for any recommendations!

Hey :wave:t4:

Check out Figma!

2 Likes

Thanks for the rec, @PiXL3 - I will check that one out!

No worries.
There’s also Sketch.

1 Like

If you have a creative cloud subscription, Adobe XD is included.

1 Like

I know it sound weird - I am using Indesign for mockup :slight_smile:

1 Like

@webdev thanks for the rec! I do have an Adobe Cloud subscription, just finding Illustrator to seem histpric in comparison to other tools. Does Adobe XD utilize something like flexbox for layout? I know it sounds weird to use flexbox in design, but it makes everything so easy!

Thanks, @shokoaviv - Does InDesign utilize something like flexbox for layout? I know it sounds weird to use flexbox in design, but it makes everything so easy!

@PiXL3 - I checked out Figma, but didn’t see any features similar to flexbox, but I did see some padding/margin constraints which is nice. I do use Sketch quite a bit, and some of the plugins allow you to add padding/margin. Any idea whether you can build using something like flexbox in Sketch? I think that is the main feature I am hoping for!

Does this help

https://help.figma.com/article/55-layout-grids

2 Likes

Sketch. You can then export any elements as pngs or svgs you like at x1 x2 etc sizes for different screen resolutions. Its a great tool to actually design in - then build your design in webflow. This makes for a way cleaner process. Follow a few sketch tutorials to really get the best out of it - especially how to use ‘symbols’

screen grab of some ‘symbols’ ie design elements created in sketch - which you then can use throughout your sketch design. Alter a symbol and it alters it everywhere you have used it.

2 Likes

Surprised no-one has mentioned Canva yet.

@priyeshu does Canva allow you to build similar to Webflow - flexbox, padding, margin, etc?

There is a difference between the actual design phase and the building of a site. The tools mentioned above are more for the actual design elements and not the working of the site. I think CoffeeCup is like Webflow but it is a builder not a design tool used in creating the actual art or vectors/images. There is also things like framer.com or https://bootstrapstudio.io.

Maybe you should look at Pinegrow available at Pinegrow.com

Thank you for all of the suggestions!