Issue getting HREF link to work with custom social share button

Hi - new to CSS & HTML. I created a custom fixed side bar for social shares. I added an embed element with some simple HTML code with the intent to have an FB logo image be clickable but I cannot for the life of me get it to work.

Here’s what I’ve pasted into the HREF element:

The fixed sidebar is on the Properties CMS Template page.

I know there’s more that I can add to the embed to make it more custom but I’m trying now to get to the root cause of why the FB logo image isn’t clickable.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Here is my site Read-Only
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hi @Jonah_Richard!

So… let me ask you: Why don’t you add a Link Block for each image you want to be clickable?

Here is how the structure should look like:

print

Hope it helps!

Hey @vkoetz - from what I understand about creating custom share buttons, I need to embed code to allow the visitor to post to their own social media account. A link block would only allow me to place a static link to an external website (such as www.facebook.com) and would not allow for the dynamic posting that a social share button functionality would require.

Please correct me if I’m wrong though.

Yeah… for sure I got it all wrong… sorry.

I made some research here on the forum and found these two topics that might help you:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing those. I actually had used those posts initially to guide the process but ultimately ran into the issue I’m having now after following them.

Definitely something on my end, just can’t figure out what!