Is it possible to override content for csv feature?

Is it possible to override content for the csv feature?

I have spreadsheets that I update regularly, and it would be easier to just do a fresh upload instead of trying to keep up with changes in both places…is this possible?

Best,

Nathan

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

1 Like

Hi @nathanphilsteele, the CSV import does not yet update existing item records, at the moment it is adding new items to the collection only.

Here looks to be a similar, related item on the wishlist, to not overwrite existing item info when new records added via CSV import: CSV Import: Assign key to overwrite existing fields | Webflow Wishlist.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Thank you @cyberdave for the reply. Sort of the same I guess. Thought I’d be curious why he wants a key for already existing content that is the same when a complete override would be easier.

• If there was a way to do 2-way communication with googlesheets or even one coming from google sheets where any changes in googlesheets automatically updates the CMS, be it either adding new data and update existing data…this would also work for me.

Best,

Nathan

2 Likes

has this been updated? Is there any way for items to be replaced or updated?

1 Like

I am currently trying to update a collection with overwrite and had no luck. Even when including the collection and item ID in the CSV it will duplicate items.

Upvote the wishlist: CSV Import: Assign key to overwrite existing fields | Webflow Wishlist

Hi, you can update single CMS items via integromat. It is an automation platform like zapier.

Maxi

Checkout PowerImporter: it lets you update existing CMS items with a CSV import without creating duplicates. It does exactly what the wishlist describes.