I can’t locate any other bugs describing this problem but it’s been consistent across all of my projects and verified in Chrome incognito mode.
In designer mobile views (tablet, mobile landscape / portrait), the hamburger menu closes when hover state is enabled. This makes styling any submenu item on mobile devices “blind” with no way to see the effect of style changes.
- Open the designer for any site, which contains a dropdown menu
- Switch to tablet or mobile view, so the burger shows
- Select the burger in the designer, and toggle Open Menu
- Select any item in the opened menu, for styling
- Toggle back to the Style (S) tab and select the Hover state for styling
The menu disappears, but still thinks it’s open
Here’s a demonstration. Thanks!
Verified in incognito mode as well.