Image hover overlay with link issue

Hi,

I have built a portfolio website (see below), and I’ve noticed that I can’t get the pointer cursor on any of my links. I first assumed it couldn’t be done on my portfolio section, because there are items on -1 z index and opacity animation going on when you hover over the boxes, so thought that might be complicating it. But I also can’t get the pointer cursor on a button and my logo in the top left. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks!
Tom

Here is my site Read-Only: [LINK](https://preview.webflow.com/preview/tom-oboyle?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=tom-oboyle&preview=85187386ccd39333646e80bf63124a37&workflow=preview)
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

hi @Tom_O_Boyle I had a look into you project again and I have tried to fix it but there is too many things to be fixed to make it work that it is not easy to explain even in video. You need to remove negative z-index in first place because of stacking context, assign hover animations to different part in project elements. etc. etc. I will recommend to create a new project with single element to make animation and link work, once you will learn how to return back to your portfolio project and apply logic to your grid elements.

m2c

Hey Stan, thanks again! Hmm, that seems like a lot of work ha - not sure it’s worth it. I guess as a minimum I need the portfolio boxes which are links to highlight in some way when they are hovered, so I’ll try to work on that.

Thanks!

HI @Tom_O_Boyle the interaction you trying create is simple task but you have took different path you should and it made your live harder. Here is a simple example of similar card overlay animation I have done long time ago as example for someone else here on forum.
Have a look and let me know if you would not understand or need some clarifications how and why.

Have a successful day :wink: