Image alignment in Rich Text Editor

Does anyone have any idea how to manage the alignment of images in the Rich Text Editor? The option to float in the WYSIWYG leaves the step effect. Any thoughts on managing this?

Can you describe this more please, and I’ll help you on this.

And do you mind sharing your site’s read-only link please?

1 - On your site’s dashboard, click the Share icon:

http://vincent.polenordstudio.fr/snap/nqmwm.jpg

2 - Generate and Copy the link:

http://vincent.polenordstudio.fr/snap/gpto0.jpg

3 - Then edit your post here, and paste the link inside.

align VS float - are Difference CSS properties

This is Rich Text Editor - What you trying to get is “mission” for layout for rows (grid) -or- by float and next p : clear:both:

This is your solution - i never try this trick inside a rich-text editor - but this is your starting point (With custom CSS its easy to solve this of course).

The problem is I can’t add custom classes in the webflow collection editor. And I wouldn’t want to add custom code for all p paragraphs on the page. I found solution, but I think it’s stupid. If add empty png image after each paragraph everything will look right.

Was there ever a solution to this issue? Setting an image to ‘Float’ in the Rich text editor but not being able to choose when to ‘clear’ the next paragraph makes the former completely pointless. I’ve followed the same steps as you’ve shown, which will technically work but it’s going to introduce a bunch of random and unnecessary images to the blog page.

I’m pretty much having to chuck Webflow out the door as a recommendation for clients who want to use blog functionality on their site, given there is such little styling ability within the Rich Text. There’s no way a client is going to want to deal with adding an empty image to reset the layout every time they add a floating image.

I’ve also tried styling further with Finsweet ‘Powerful Rich Text’, but it doesn’t appear to work for a case like this, and it doesn’t reflect changes in the body editor which wouldn’t make this a practical solution.

Real solution (‘clear’ functionality missing in Rich Text Editor)

Does the image in your post need to utilize the rich text editor? For maximum design control, I’m wondering if a better approach is to control the layout using a regular image field rather than having your client “design” the post in a rich text editor. Most likely, they won’t know what “float” and “clear” mean even if the control you’re looking for is available.

Thanks for the response. To answer your question, yes. To break the image outside of the rich text field for custom styling would require breaking the article into segments, along with having to create separate CMS fields for each image, which would then need to be styled and linked on the template page.

It appears that there is a strong lack of design control with the current rich text editor. And I don’t want to go the route you’ve suggested because each blog page will be different, instead of following a similar format where a replicating image would make sense.

Additionally, it seems like there aren’t any options for styling rich text for mobile breakpoints with the float option enabled inside the CMS-rich text. If this is the case, this styling feature should be removed entirely.

Shoot, ok. I’d maybe need to see exactly what kind of info your client is posting and the flexibility needed. Kinda sounds like you need a repeater function like Advanced Custom Fields provides. Does this sound right? (I’m looking back at what the OP outlined) There’s a wishlist page for repeater function.

I have a client who needed something similar on their blog. We determined they’d need a maximum of 15 photo/text layouts in a stacked view, similar to what you have with the wedding sample in your screen grab. I set up the template page with all of this laid out using a 50/50 column and alternating with image left/text right and image right/text left. They can add as many as needed up to 15 groupings. In the cms, if they added say 5 images+text and left the other 10 blank, the post would simply publish it and the blank divs remain empty and virtually hidden. This way, I’m controlling the layout so that they’re not making wacky decision in the rich text editor.
I added a number of other layout options in the CMS to give them very flexible post control. I’ve gone back and added more layouts months later when they realized they needed more options on specific types of posts.
I agree, more functions in the editor would be great but found some workarounds. I will say I’m glad my clients don’t have control over fonts and text colors because they’d definitely use it and make bad decisions :slight_smile:

Found this rte enhancer that might offer the control you’re looking for. I haven’t used it myself but worth investigating: