HTML Embed modal closes while clicking/dragging

If I go to highlight some custom code and my cursor goes outside of the embed box as I am clicking and dragging, the box closes. It never used to do this and is a pain when I am highlighting code and I accidentally move the cursor outside of the box…

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hi @moofawsaw, thanks for reporting the issue. As a first step, I would recommend to check that the browser is running the latest updates, and to see if there are any browser extensions loaded that might be conflicting with the Webflow browser code.

A good way to check if browser extensions are conflicting, is to open the browser in Incognito mode (in Chrome) or Private Window mode (in Safari) and reload the site in the designer.

If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and send it to me.

Hey Dave,

The issue remains in incognito. In the video when I go outside of the HTML embed, I am still clicking and dragging to highlight, and it closes when I let go (though the video doesn’t show the cursor…)

Webflow - BoonBay - Mon Oct 22 2018 16:28:38 GMT+0000 (UTC)?

Hi @moofawsaw

Thanks for posting about this! I was able to reproduce the issue on this end.

This looks like it is a regression from a recent update. I’ve reported it to the team and we are looking into it further.

Thanks for your help! :bowing_man:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.