How to populate fields in form with data from collection item

Hi All,

I’m hoping someone can help me out here :). I’m building a recruitment website that has a jobs template page with an apply now button on it which opens a form page. I would like for the form to populate with the job name and reference number for the specific job. I have created collections for jobs, categories, tags and contacts and that’s were the content is coming from. I searched the forums and believe it’s Jquery related but I couldn’t find a suitable solution.

Thanks a lot,

Niall

Here is my public share link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/mentor-talent-acquisition?preview=a4e50af8908ac41c1d4a7371b5d1d82c

Anyone? Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi, @Niall_Mc_Dermott

I think it is possible without jQuery. I would try to add “handcoded” form in the dynamic embed code and place dynamic data into values of the input tags in that form.
Something like this:

<form>
   <div>
    <input name="user" type="text" value="ken">
    <input name="address" type="text" value="12345">
    <input name="city" type="text" value="NJ">
   </div>
</form>

Regards,
Anna

Hi Anna,

I appreciate the reply. I can’t get it to work though. I have created a value for the dynamic job name field and made that value the input name. I’m not sure where i’m going wrong.

I have also tried to put dynamic paragraph text inside the form but it doesn’t get sent in the dorm message.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot

Niall

Anyone have any ideas? Hoping there is a solution as it won’t be user friendly for the job applicant to have to type in the name or reference of job. Really appreciate any help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.