How to link to a page on the current domain without writing the full URL

I am trying to link a stand-alone “read more” button to a CMS page. It is not in a collection list - therefore it is forcing me to add a URL instead of link directly to the CMS or Webflow Page.

My concern is that I am currently on a staging site. If I go through the entire site and add “URL.webflow.io” and then when I go to publish on real domain - none of the links are going to work. I KNOW you can do re-direct but I just don’t love this idea. I want the links to be correct on the actual link itself.

My question - is there a way to call the domain the current site is published to?
Example: ./about/team (. equals URL.webflow.io making the link actually read: URL.webflow.io/about/team)
That way, whenever you change from staging site to published site the link automatically calls the correct domain.

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Welcome to the community @kmg!

If the page exists on your site, then just click the Page icon (the one directly to the right of the Link chain icon) and you’ll be able to select from a list of the available pages on the project:

If the page doesn’t exist on the project but is included within the same domain, you can simply enter the page slug including the / prefix (what comes after the TLD) and it will default to the link including the root URL:

Ex: /about/team will link to YourURL.webflow.io/about/team when you’re on a staging site but also YourURL.com/about/team when you’re on the live site URL

If you ever want to link to a page off the root domain, that’s when you’ll need to include the https://YourURL.com portion (as well as the page slug) in the link field.

Hopefully that helps clarify things a bit, but feel free to reach out if you run into any issues :+1:

@mikeyevin Thanks so much. I actually did this way back when I first started exploring assuming that would BUT I only viewed it in the “toggle preview” mode so of course it didn’t go anywhere. :upside_down_face:

Thanks for the help!