How do I delete a state?

Hello! I need help for dummies.
I can not delete a state from a paragraph.
I accidentally put (states / hover) but I can not remove it … I can not find the option to delete a state.
What can i do?

1 Like

Hi @Joseph Welcome to the community! :smiley:

Can you please update your post with some more information so we can help you faster? Things like screenshots and your environment info really speed things up.

Posting guidelines can be found here: Posting Guidelines for the Design Help Category - General - Forum | Webflow

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Hey @Joseph

Notice you’ve got the blue dot next to the ✔ States. That means that you have a style applied on that specific state. If you are in States: Hover as on the picture above, you can look in the styles tab for any styling that has blue values.

Also if you collapse panels (by clicking on them) you will see in which panel there is a change. See:

You can see the Layout has blue and orange dot near it. Blue means that there is a styling applied to this specific section, while orange means that there is something inherited from the parent style.

To remove a styling, click on the blue value in Style Panel, and choose Remove this style

Now, if you want to leave the Hover state entirely (not to edit it anymore), you can press on the arrow on the right-hand side of the ✔ States and choose None

Notice however, that because I haven’t removed styles from pseudo selectors (hover), next to the States there is a blue dot.

Let us know if that helps :slight_smile: Also it’s always better if you provide a link to your project and few more data, as Nelson stated in his response above :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Bart

1 Like

Hello @bart
Perfect! now I understand :grinning:
Thanks for all your support!

Best regards!
Joseph

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.