How change "Post to Facebook" image, text

Hey guys -

I’d like to use a “post to facebook” link on my page, www.ruckworks.com, that looks like this:
Redirecting...

Unfortunately I’m having 2 issues that I could use help with:

1. The pre-populated header and description text is outdated. I’ve updated my website text a few days ago but it seems to still be grabbing old text
  2. The thumbnail image that is shown isn’t a good one. Ideally I’d like to specify an image that isn’t on my page, but at least I’d like to propose a different image from my page.

I appreciate any help that you can provide.

Colin

Hey @Colin_Roper!

It looks like Facebook probably still has your old info cached. I did some quick research, and have something you can try.

Go to Sharing Debugger - Meta for Developers and enter in your URL. Supposedly that will force clear their cache.

For the image, I think you can tell FB what image to use by putting some custom code into your head tag:

<link rel="image_src" href="http://www.yourdomain.com/your-thumbnail-image.gif"  /> 

You can do that by going to your Site Settings and then the Custom Code section. Let me know if that works!

-Kyle

2 Likes

Thank you sir!

That FB link got me on the right track. It still wasn’t pulling the right image in until I added:
into the tag via the “Custom Code” section of Webflow. Now it seems to all be under control. Alright!