Hi, I'm going to need lots of help :)

Hello :slight_smile: These links should give you all the information needed to insert code into Webflow.

Hello Nicole

Thanks for this. It still doesn’t specify where I go to access the code. I cannot find it anywhere in the interface. Is it on the left side? Right side? Do I right-click the video and select Inspect Element and edit there maybe?

Hello again.

So I think I managed to put the code in by going into project settings and custom code. However it didn’t work.

Problem 1: Video is still not playing on mobile. How can I make a background video autoplay on mobile, Webflow?

Problem 2: The video gets cropped on tablet view. Whyyyyy…

See screen recording of problem 1 and 2: https://we.tl/t-chGNQIKAzI

I am getting very frustrated, Webflow. I have just started the homepage, and have not even began the rest of the site, and this makes me just want to give up :frowning: :hot_face:

Have you tried inserting that snippet of code into the page settings in the “before the </body>” section? It’s the second custom code box in your page settings.

See screenshot:

Have you tried publishing your site and testing it on mobile?

I will look have another look to see why your video is being cropped in tablet view.

See the screenshots below on how to set up your divs so that your video doesn’t get cropped on tablet view.

Setup for Columnvideo:

Setup for Background Video 2:

Thanks Nicole, I had no idea where to find the body code, so thanks. Video is playing on mobile, when I open up the website on my phone, but it is not playing in the designer. Anyways, it’s working!

Aaaand I changed the settings on the tablet video so it’s no longer cropping.

Thanks for saving my day @Nicole_Klaver :clap:

Must say tho, Webflow, you don’t make it very intuitive…

Kristine

1 Like

I’m glad I could help :slight_smile:

Just to note for future: custom code will not show up in preview, it will only work & be visible if you view it on a published site.

The more you play around with Webflow the easier it will become. It took me a long time to get where I am today. Luckily their website, youtube channel, and a whole lot of other resources - like the Webflow showcase - make it easy to find the answers you’re looking for.

Good luck finishing your website. Just shout if you need assistance with anything else :slight_smile:

Will do. Thanks again, @Nicole_Klaver really appreciate it!

1 Like

Hello there! :slight_smile: Just wanted to chime in with a recent discovery I’ve made relating to iOS and background video autoplay.

If your iOS device has Low Power Mode turned on, background videos will not autoplay. I have not found any work around for this, other than to turn off Low Power Mode.