Font size looks smaller when published

Hi, i dont know why but the text seems to be way smaller when published compared to the text size in the designer. Does anyone know what i can do to make it look right?

edit: for 1 second the text size looks right, but then flashes to smaller text and stays like that

Here is my site Read-Only: Webflow - The Bloom Agency

Check if you working on a 100% browser view.

Because of screen resolutions, you could get a difference (16px on mobile VS 16px on desktop).

Anyway, you could always do a little tweaks related to “real phone” view.

1 Like

I’ve checked and it is 100% view. The weird thing is that the text is the right size when using the safari browser on my iphone, but when i use chrome the text is a lot smaller. Chrome used to show it just the way it should a while ago. Any idea what i can do?

Have you accidentally changed the base/default font size in the Chrome app on your phone perhaps?

1 Like

I haven’t! my friend also sees small text in the chrome browser on his phone

Looks like it’s showing at the same size for me on your read-only and webflow.io link—are the differences only showing on the live website by chance?

You can also check the DevTools on any of your noticeably different elements to see if there’s a change between what you’ve set in the Designer and what you see on the live website:

Did you look at the website on a smartphone browser? desktop works fine for me also, google chrome for my iphone seems to be the problem

I don’t see any noticeable difference (if there is one, its minor and there’s no flash of “proper” sizing) in Chrome on my Android device.

Hello, want to revive this topic. I’m experiencing the same thing on both of my sites. Text appears about 20% larger in the designer view than when they’re published. I’ve checked the things mentioned above.

I guess I’m feeling like I should just trust the browsers render and not the design view, but that’s a little annoying to do. Would like to solve. The text size in pixels is correct when I look at the sites through Chrome inspector. It just doesn’t LOOK the same as in Webflow interface.

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/eaaronross-design-com?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=eaaronross-design-com&preview=4fb6f4d12c04fb6b25127fb42279ff96&pageId=64008a155886224aa86e1740&workflow=preview

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/mechanical-soft-press?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=mechanical-soft-press&preview=3f01cee7af9ca1b5390015243ef67995&pageId=61c2a8f798b8eb4a3f39a628&itemId=63e058a53f8612c08580ee9b&workflow=preview