Font localization within webflow

Hello there!

I am trying to figure out how to force webflow and my site in general to display all of my text content in the Bulgarian stylistic variation of Montserrat.

Here’s a visual example:

I stumbled across two StackOverflow threads and I think I might need to force this through custom code, but I definitely need help with figuring out the content of the code.

Thanks!

No link to show, the site is currently empty.

Hey! Are there don’t files of this variant? You could upload them in the fonts tab of your project and swap all text on the site to use the variant.

You may have already tried that though

Hey Austin,

As far as I am concerned, I’m unable to download a specific file that explicitly looks like what I need.

Instead, for example in Adobe Illustrator, you can select a localisation option, i.e. choosing display language as Bulgarian and the glyphs adjust accordingly.

I’ve tried switching the site language from the site settings on webflow but it was without any result.

Ah okay! That makes sense… not sure how to achieve that. But I’ll see if I can find anything

1 Like

@austin

I discovered that I need to use (lang=“bg”) in an enclosing HTML tag. I just need to figure out how to make it apply to the entire site.

Kinda new to custom code, sorry.

the issue is resolved, sadly the preview with the correct glyphs is only available after adjusting the language settings in the project settings and publishing the site

Awesome! Glad you were able to figure it out! Thanks for participating in the forum :grinning:

1 Like

I think all you gotta do is write very small JS that allows localization on your entire website. So I’d probably put something like:

<script>

localize: true

</script>

I don’t think just that alone will do it, you’ll have to trigger what specifically you want to localize. But that should pretty much do the heavy lifting.