Focus state on a touch device

Focus state on a touch device does not seem to work. Works fine viewing it in a browser, just not on a device. Any idea whats going on?

Is their an actual Focus State that works on touch devices?

I don’t think there is a focus state on mobile devices OS and in their web browsers. By definition, there can’t be a selected element waiting for an action.

However, if you have an iOS device, go to Settings > accessibility and look at Switch Control, AssistiveTouch and Touch Accomodations. Those are the mdoes who will display a focus state and allow you to navigate in UI and web with an assistive device—that can be from a keyboard to a simple switch you activate with your foot, or tongue.

When you’re using them on web, i don’t know if they use the css focus style or if they override with their own style, which must mimic the OS focus state.

Read “Item Scanning”: Use Switch Control to navigate your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Thanks Vincent. I actually founf out if you use hover state that appears as focus state on touch… go figure.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.