Feedback after 2 years of professional use. Given up on webflow hosting and I'm honestly sceptical about webflows hosting model & sustainability

Thanks for your feedback - we’re currently working on bulk hosting packages for our most loyal customers. We’ll keep you in the loop when we have our bulk hosting programs in place to help agencies like yourself. But in the meantime…

If you aren’t happy with the benefits of hosting on Webflow, you can always export to host your site elsewhere. Our hosting prices definitely fall in line (and in often cases much cheaper) than other managed hosting services elsewhere, like flywheel, WPEngine, wordpress.com, all of which cost at least +$30/month.

If you’d like unlimited [assets/forms/features], hosting on your own AWS servers, and building your own backend is definitely the way to go. But as a reminder, you’re not getting a simple static file hosting when you’re subscribing to Webflow’s hosting. You’re getting SSL (which is definitely not trivial nor cheap to build and scale as I go into details in that post), responsive images, CDN for all your site’s assets (which becomes extremely costly if you have a media-heavy site), and a CMS that won’t fall over when it gets heavily trafficked like Wordpress does. And you don’t have to worry about applying security updates.

We definitely appreciate your concern, but our goals are to build the best hosting available to professionals like yourselves, at a price point that is fair and sustainable for our business. But I understand when certain clients don’t need all the benefits of our hosting stack, nor understand the price point when comparing to AWS static file hosting. For them, I’d recommend explaining the benefits of Webflow hosting, and showing them the Editor which they can easily use to edit their site.

Hope this helps provide some perspective! And thanks for being supporters of Webflow :heart:

7 Likes