Embedding fonts (with services like FontStand ?)

Hi all,

I really love Webflow, it’s fantastic, but man sometimes I wish it would it would incorporate with other basic services better.

I really love FontStand, and using it alot for print work. It offers trials of Webfonts too, of course, but the font must be embedded.

When you “rent” a font it basically asks you two easy things

embed this in the tags

<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://webfonts.fontstand.com/WF-021605-255e89c3ed228b80bdec3124cbd96a41.css" type="text/css"/>

and then the CSS

element { /* replace with your selector */
	font-family: "Julien Bold Round";
	font-weight: normal;
	font-style: normal;
}

Is there anyway to do this with webflow? thanks!

1 Like

Yes, there is a way.

Drop an Embed element and use this code:
<style>
body { font-family: "Julien Bold Round"; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; }
</style>

Ah awesome! I got it to work.

Just for anyone else trying to do this →

The tags MUST be copied onto the page in an HTML embed, NOT between the tags in settings.

It wasn’t working for me when I added the code in the “custom code” panel on settings (which is what Fontstand instructs you to do, or put it inbetween the tags anyway).

Hi! I’m having a very similar problem and I think I’m following all of the above instructions but it’s still not working. Maybe someone can help me figure out what I’m doing wrong?

I’ve added the domain addresses to the Fontstand app (see image 1), and generated the two links to paste into Webflow’s custom code. Here are the links:

Link 1:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://webfonts.fontstand.com/WF-066500-f3cc9af295dffe3e6455558adaf5edb2.css" type="text/css"/>

Link 2: (actually there are many more elements but I’ll demonstrate with just 3)

h1, h2, h3 { 
	font-family: "Italian Plate No2 Condens85701";
	font-weight: normal;
	font-style: normal;
}

I pasted both of the above links into the Inside head tag in the pages Custom Code settings (see image 2), and I also pasted the style code into a HTML embed element on the page (see image 3).

Here’s a read-only link to the page.

Any help is really appreciated!