Ecommerce Transactions - 3D Secure not working

Hi,

I have been experiencing big issues today with any transactions that require 3D secure today. 5+!

When a customer is placing an order the details are being passed to stripe which then starts a 3D secure check but the pop up box where customers generally have to complete a security check from the bank isn’t appearing and thus the payment is failing and not going through without any notification to the customer. We can just see the failed 3D secure attempt in Stripe.

Any ideas from the Webflow team here? We do £1m+ in sales and desperately cannot afford for large transactions (which 3D secure is usually required for) not to work.

Thanks. Issue for anyone else at all?

@dan_decking - I would check stripe first to see if there is a platform issue. If nothing comes up I would check status.webflow.com to see if there are any infrastructure issues. If none, reach out to support if you have not already. Webflow is a black box and we can’t assist on internal issues from within the community. Also note that the forum is a community forum and not an official support channel. If you want faster support from Webflow pony up for enterprise.

hi @dan_decking !

I also ahve the same issue since monday. Small paiment that doesn’t need 3D secure are ok. But when the 3D secure is needed, it fails.

Webflow support is telling me to see with stripe, and stripe is telling me to see with webflow.

If support is giving me a solution, I will post it here also.

But i also recommend you to get in touch with support, the more case there is, the faster they will react.

Cheers,
Maxime.

Hi, yes that’s exactly the same for us.

I have been speaking to Stripe on the phone for hours and have a potential issue they have flagged. I have emailed my contact at Webflow support who I have been chatting with as a possible solution.

The suggestion from Stripe:

‘ Hi Daniel,
Thank you so much for taking the time to speak with me today. We sincerely appreciate your patience in looking into this matter with us.
I just wanted to quickly touch base with you about the conversation we just had. As discussed, we suggest to use 3DS1 first and use 3DS2 as a fallback. Many issuers have had poor authentication success rates on 3DS2, so Stripe may need to still run 3DS1 for them.
Let me know if there’s anything else I can do for you. Your emails will come right back to me, and I’m always happy to help.
Kind regards,
JJ’

Let’s see if this is it :crossed_fingers:t3:

Yes I contacted support as my 1st port of call. Generally always found them to get back pretty quick to major issues.

They’ve had zero luck so far fixing the issue but see my comment below for a suggestion from Stripe.

Stressful at the moment, is an understatement. Thousands and thousands of £’s of orders not being able to be processed.

If that much is at stake then I would say an enterprise plan would make sense.

In all honesty in this case I don’t think it’d make much of a difference.

What’s happening is affecting its core e-commerce offering, not something that should be limited to being fixed if I’m on Enterprise as it’s not just our site it’s affecting.

Dan I wish I could help you. I don’t use commerce on Webflow as it does not meet my expectations for client work. Hope you get this resolved ASAP.

Alright ! I’m gonna test this out, any improvements for you ?

Hi again @dan_decking !

Unfortunately i’m not able to try the stripe solution, way above my skills :smiling_face_with_tear:

But I’ve got News from Webflow support :

Thanks so much for replying back with these additional details. We’re seeing some other reports of this occurring with cards the require 3D Secure Authentication as well so we’ve flagged this with our engineering team to investigate.

The moment I have an update to provide, I’ll be in touch. We appreciate your continued patience as we work on this with you.

I suppose we just need to wait more…

Hi @mlejeau,

Just got this through from Webflow:

"Hi there,

Steve from Webflow Technical Support here. I’m reaching out with an update on this.

Our engineering team identified an issue due to a recent update on our end that was causing the errors you noticed with payments that require SCA/3D Secure Authentication.

The team has since resolved this issue and if an order is placed that requires this, it should show the authentication modal as expected now so the customer can complete their order.

We’re truly sorry for any inconvenience this caused you and we’ll be here to assist further if you have any follow-up questions or concerns.

My best,
Steve"

Let’s hope this fixes it!

1 Like