Does Webflow create hreflang automatically?

Hi, we have been building a multi-language website, where we have the same copies of the page, with different languages. I noticed there have already been hreflangs included in the code, that I didnt put manually. Is this something Webflow does automatically? Because the way it was set up was wrong, and I would like to know where it was coming from. Thanks for the answers in advance.

´

Please include your site’s Read-Only Share Link with your question.
A read-only link allows the community to view your project without making any edits to it and help diagnose your issue or provide feedback.

If your project has custom code or layout issues on the published site, please share that URL/URI as well.

Note: the domain shown in the screenshot is not a webflow site. Rather a custom React one. Why would this be related to Webflow?

Hi Evka,

This may be the issue you’re describing however the domain in your screenshot femaleinvest.com doesn’t appear to be a Webflow site.

Because the hreflangs appeared in code on a website we build in Webflow for some reason- Female Invest - Membership and book bundle . We havent put any custom code that would have hreflangs.

The hreflangs appeared in code on a website we build in Webflow for some reason- Female Invest - Membership and book bundle . We havent put any custom code that would have hreflangs.

Hi Evka, a few things;

1. please give your readonly share link, we can’t see anything on your site without it. @webdev shared the instructions above.

2. even with that, we cannot see site-wide settings which means you’ll want to double-check your site-wide /head code settings.

3. I’m not seeing hreflangs in your subdomain site https://invest.femaleinvest.com/, only in the main femaleinvest.com site.

By the way, no Webflow doesn’t have any multilingual facility yet, and doesn’t create any hreflangs of its own. So they would have to be custom code, or generated by another script, or created by a reverse proxy or 3rd party system like Weglot or Polyflow.

1 Like