Database for each user

Hi everybody,
I am building a website where each client will have a personal area to upload files and change data.
In addition, I want certain data that the client uploaded on one page to affect the display of options on another page.
I need a database, I understood that it is not part of the webflow features and I would love to know how to do it.
Thanks!

hi @Shiray_Huri_Kachlon it is very complex topic to be able explain even basic principles and all caveats to decide what approach to use.

I can only give you more specific terminology. what you are describing you trying to achieve is in terminology called “Multi tenant SaaS”. There is many good articles and videos about this topic but be ready to take steep learning curve even as a developer.

It is not easy task as you should have not only good knowledge as developer but very good knowledge on databases structure mean choosing right concept how DB should be structured and this is a time consuming process even for DB pros.

eg. WF went the way to set one DB for everyone and this is IMO conceptually bad decision on beginning as all assets are on one big global pile. It works but… You should really think deeply about concept before you put fingers on keyboard.

One more suggestion, IMO WF is not suitable for this kind of project as you will need full control over back-end and WF is focused on predominantely on design means front-end.

That is all I can say.

I wish you best of luck on your long journey.

EDIT: yesterday I saw this on X but didn’t had a time to look deeply insight what they offer. You can give it a shot.

Thanks for your detailed answer!
A little background-
I’m an electrical engineer, which means I have a technological orientation but I don’t know how to code websites (I could build one if I invest in it, but right now it’s not in my plan).
Do you recommend working for another well-known platform like WordPress for example?

Take a look at Bubble. It’s a no-code / low code builder that is for app creation.

hi @Shiray_Huri_Kachlon Multi tenant SaaS is one of difficult systems to build and when you are not a developer I would not recommend to do “Red Bud Deep Dive” before trying learning 3 meter jump. The Wordpress is well known for blogging websites where WP excel.

When we will talk about eg. scalability the SaaS should be build from clear table. The link (or other SaaS with similar purpose) I have provided may save you lots of troubles. But you will need to understand what are you building and web technology knowledge is necessary even with “no-code” approach.

m2c