ConvertKit integration

I can’t see their API, as I am not a customer. So no way for me to tell if they accept a form post. Contact them. You can always use Zapier.

You could look at how to style HTML Iframe content.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/217776/how-to-apply-css-to-iframe

Thank you webdev :slight_smile:

Indeed embedding and Zapier are great options to get something done. But since I’m setting up a new business, I’d like to avoid shortcuts and do things the right way.

I’ve checked the API documentation and it only says this: “If your product is mostly for capturing new subscribers then you should integrate with forms in ConvertKit. So in OptinMonster when a subscriber opts-in they are subscriber to a form in ConvertKit.”

Which I have no idea what it means. Should I integrate with OptinMonster? In the ConvertKit forms there are not many options other than “embed”.

When I go to embed, I get the full HTML code and it looks like this:
(Note: I’ve removed all the styling tags to make it shorter)

<script src=“https://f.convertkit.com/ckjs/ck.5.js”></script>
<form action=“Log In - ConvertKit” class=“seva-form formkit-form” method=“post” data-sv-form=“867730” data-uid=“25cf7a8ec3” data-format=“modal” data-version=“5” data-options=“{&quot;settings&quot;:{&quot;after_subscribe&quot;:{&quot;action&quot;:&quot;message&quot;,&quot;success_message&quot;:&quot;Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.&quot;,&quot;redirect_url&quot;:&quot;&quot;},&quot;modal&quot;:{&quot;trigger&quot;:&quot;timer&quot;,&quot;scroll_percentage&quot;:null,&quot;timer&quot;:5,&quot;devices&quot;:&quot;all&quot;,&quot;show_once_every&quot;:15},&quot;recaptcha&quot;:{&quot;enabled&quot;:true},&quot;return_visitor&quot;:{&quot;action&quot;:&quot;hide&quot;,&quot;custom_content&quot;:&quot;&quot;},&quot;slide_in&quot;:{&quot;display_in&quot;:null,&quot;trigger&quot;:null,&quot;scroll_percentage&quot;:null,&quot;timer&quot;:null,&quot;devices&quot;:null,&quot;show_once_every&quot;:null}}}”><div data-style=“card”><div data-element=“column” class=“formkit-column”><div class=“formkit-background”></div><div class=“formkit-header” data-element=“header”><h1>Subscribe to the latest news</h1></div></div><div data-element=“column” class=“formkit-column”><div data-element=“subheader” class=“formkit-subheader”><p>Don’t miss a thing!</p></div><ul class=“formkit-alert formkit-alert-error” data-element=“errors” data-group=“alert”></ul><div data-element=“fields” class=“seva-fields formkit-fields”><div class=“formkit-field”><input class=“formkit-input” name=“email_address” placeholder=“Your email address” required=“” type=“email”></div><button data-element=“submit” class=“formkit-submit formkit-submit”><div class=“formkit-spinner”><div></div><div></div><div></div></div><span>SUBSCRIBE</span></button></div><div data-element=“guarantee” class=“formkit-guarantee”><p>We won’t send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.</p></div><a href=“ConvertKit: The creator marketing platform” class=“formkit-powered-by” data-element=“powered-by” target=“_blank” rel=“noopener noreferrer”>Powered By ConvertKit</a></div></div></form>

What I gather from this and what I added to my form is:

• Method = “post”
  • Action is the URL in there
  • The field should be named “email_address”
  • I’ve also added the corresponding attributes to the form itself: data-sv-form and data-uid

What I get is:

• A redirection to the action URL with a “Uh oh! something’s not right” message
  • No subscriber on ConvertKit

What I would expect to get (what Mailchimp does for example):

• Success or error message on Webflow (my site)
  • A new subscriber on my list on ConvertKit
  • Additionally/potentially: A new window IF there’s any other information to give like CDPR eventually

Do you see anything I might have been missing?

Oh, by the way! I have contacted ConvertKit. On my first interaction the support person didn’t have the technical knowledge to help me, I’m waiting to see if they can help me further. I’ve also signed up for their Slack and asked there, but no one seems to be active there :frowning:

Grrrr I have to say these marketing tools are super annoying. There’s a need for 10 to work together, all of them with subscriptions, then pay Zapier on top to make them talk to each other. And this is just for the marketing and sales part of the business! :woman_facepalming:t2:

@saravssantiago - I can’t debug this for you, but I noticed they do support webhooks. So you might be able to use the webhook post URL for unbounce and use that in the Webflow Project settings → integrations → add webhook (form submission).

Your field names should match theirs on your local form. Give that a try.

@webdev Thanks for your help.

After many tests, headaches, and reaching out to them (support couldn’t handle technical questions), I decided to drop out of ConvertKit.

I found out that they have a very good affiliate program, and therefore all the posts and advertising favors them but they don’t live up to the expectation.

I’m going to go with Autopilot which is an amazing tool. No form needs to be hooked up, just by adding a JS code snippet on the header (Custom Code), Autopilot detects every form on the site and gathers the data you need :ok_hand:

Also, Autopilot is 100% GDPR compliant, providing even a GDPR contract to sign.

Hi @saravssantiago,

Are you still happy with Autopilot on Webflow?

I am shopping for a simple email marketing automation platform what integrates with Webflow and was leaning to ConvertKit until I saw your posts. Autopilot looks really cool.

Are you still using Autopilot on Webflow? Have you found any limitations or issues?

Thanks, Andrey

I use MailerLite and I love it!

Hi @akisselev,

Yes, I’m still using Autopilot and I seriously love it. No issues EVER. It’s the easiest way to grab data from a form. It’s just amazing, I don’t know how it doesn’t get more PR because it’s seriously amazing.

Plus, while your volume is low, you pay $12 per year! Super recommended. Give it a try at least, I think it covers at least 90% of the main use cases :slight_smile:

Hi @saravssantiago.

That’s good to hear. What CRM platform are you using? PipeDrive?

Thanks, Andrey

1 Like

Thanks @Steven_Joel. I will keep MailerLite in mind.

Andrey

1 Like

Hey @akisselev,

Nope, I’m using Autopilot too. That’s what I was looking for: a tool that can do everything so I don’t have to integrate all things which I find very annoying and over complicated.

I’m sure some CRMs like Hubspot or Salesforce have way more features and are more valuable to bigger businesses and teams. Not super familiar with PipeDrive, but from what I saw, you can achieve the same within Autopilot.

If, like me, you need to track your leads, nurture them, convert them to customers, and potentially upsell, you can totally use just Autopilot.

There, you can group leads in lists and segments, have customer profiles manually or automatically filled to add a lot of data (plus add custom fields so you can track even more), build funnels and even set your own goals and track the progress.

That’s just really all I need :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@saravssantiago Oh, I did not realize Autopilot can work without an external CRM.
And your links are super helpful too, thanks!
Andrey

1 Like

Hi @saravssantiago,

The cheapest pricing option in Autopilot I see is $49/mo. Do you think they still offer the $12/year option?
Thanks Andrey

@saravssantiago: Just chatted with them. $49/mo is the cheapest pricing plan now. (

Oh nooo! :frowning:

I guess it was just an early bird pricing then, I’m sorry to hear!! I’ll keep it in mind when recommending too

Hi I’m want to switch from WordPress to Webflow and I’m looking for all in automated system for sales and marketing before I was looking at ActiveCampaign but they might now mesh well with Webflow. Do you use the sms feature in Autopilot and is it part of the monthly package or an extra fee. I notice on their site they mentioned Twillio do you have to connect the two in order to do sms marketing and automation? Thanks for you input

In case anyone stumbles across this looking for a solution:

1 Like

Thanks for mentioning @brandenh. I too use ConvertKit and it’s trivial to use with Webflow.

almost three years later… Is there any better solution out there ?
Webflow is providing already solution to forward the basic information. see link: Integrating ConvertKit forms with Webflow | ConvertKit Help Center

But what if you would like to add a tag with the aid of checkboxes or dropdown. Does anyone know a good solution w/o using third party tools?

This isn’t a limitation of Webflow, it’s a limitation of Convertkit. You need to ask them, directly, how to solve this for your specific needs.

That said… if you don’t want to use a third party like Zapier or Make (Integromat) then just submit a Convertkit form - as shown in your linked tutorial - with a Convertkit custom tag. On CK’s side, simply setup an automation to add that to a tag.

CK has a help forum, if you’re not understanding what I just mentioned, it may benefit you to ask your question on it.

1 Like

I use webflow logic for this. It comes with your webflow site so no 3rd party tools required. It’s a bit technical to to get going, but l wrote a guide on how l setup my form How to integrate ConvertKit with Webflow using Webflow Logic