Collect Credit Card Information for Processing Later

Hi,

I am developing a membership application for a gym/wellness club opening in a few months. I’ve built the site and a simple application form to collect info on the applicant applying for club membership (name, contact, membership options, etc).

My client would also like to collect the applicant’s preferred membership tier/option and credit card information for processing if approved when the club opens.

So my question is - what is the best way to collect payment information without charging at the time of submission? (the club owner would first review the application and ONLY process the payment if the applicant is the right fit / when the gym opens for business). I am guessing this might be achievable with a Stripe integration that dumps the payment data into customer table within Stripe, but I wanted to ask if anyone has built anything similar or knows of a simpler/better way?

Ideally, I would like to keep all the data consolidated (general application questions and payment information), but I understand that may not be doable within 1 form and where the CC data needs to be stored.

Open to any suggestions. Appreciate the support!

Thanks.

Hi @gbeck,

Welcome to the forum! It’s possible that someone else has a better answer but I believe with Foxy.io you could set up a checkout and effectively treat the transaction as a preorder, they will be charged a small amount ($0 or $1) for authorization and they can be charged at a later date or you can choose not to charge them if their application isn’t approved.

Some more details here: Preorders & Backorders: Accepting Orders Without Payment | Foxy.io

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

@mww Thanks for the mention.

@gbeck With our seamless Webflow integration, there are a couple of ways to handle this. Do a pre-auth (like Milan mentioned) or do a subscription with a future start/payment date, with the ability to modify as needed.

Full details about our Webflow integration can be found here: https://foxy.io/webflow Also, we have an embeddable customer portal where customers can login, manage subscriptions, view charge history, and more.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need help getting started: hello@foxy.io

Thanks,
Josh

1 Like

Thank you for the quick responses! I will take a look into this and see if this is a feasible option for my project.

Best,
Greg