Cloned Navigation menu won't open

Hello everyone,

I’m facing an issue where i want to edit the inside of the hamburger menu, but since the menu is cloned there isn’t an option to use the show/hide option?
Any suggestions?

Thank you

Here is my public share link: Webflow - Gold's Fantabulous Site
(how to access public share link)

Are you trying to edit the button image/art or the contents of the menu?

The contents of the menu

How to discover what’s controlling the “Nav Menu” element’s visibility:

Your site’s menu is the element “Nav Menu”. The visibility of element “Nav Menu” is being controlled by an interaction animation called Menu Open 2. There are Move actions within the Menu Open 2 interaction animation which moves the menu in and out of view. The Trigger Element for the Menu Open 2 interaction animation is “Nav Menu Button”. If you select the “Nav Menu Button” element and then click Interactions (right-side menu), you will see which interactions are triggered by the “Nav Menu Button” element; one of them being “Mouse click (tap) Menu Open 2 / Menu Close Menu 2”. “Mouse click (tap)” is the interaction which triggers the animations; Menu Open 2 and Menu Close Menu 2. Click “Mouse click (tap) Menu Open 2 / Menu Close Menu 2”, and now below ‘On 1st click’ you will see a long list of animations that are saved to your site. Scroll down to the Menu Open 2 animation, which should be highlighted with a filled white circle next to it and a blue box around it. Now click on Menu Open 2 and it will show all the Actions that occur as part of the Menu Open 2 animation. You will see that there are two Move actions linked to the “Nav Menu” element. Click the first Action and below you will see a the Move is set to 100% on the x-axis. This ‘Move 100% on the x-axis’ is also set as the initial state of the animation, that’s why it’s not visible by default. Now we know for sure that the visibility of element “Nav Menu” is being controlled by a Move action within the interaction animation called Menu Open 2. Unless you would like to edit the Menu Open 2 animation, click the blue “Done” button (top right).

How to view and edit the “Nav Menu” element:

1. Inside of “Copy Me Nav Menu Wrap” select the “Nav Menu” element.
  2. Click Style (right-side menu) and scroll down to Effects.
  3. Below Effects, you will see 2D & 3D Transformations highlighted in blue.
  4. Below 2D & 3D Transformations, you will see a box labeled “Move 100%, 0px, 0px”.
  5. Hover your cursor over the box labeled “Move 100%, 0px, 0px” and it will display two icons; an eye icon and a trash-can icon.
  6. Click the eye icon to toggle the Move transformation on and off. In your case, this Move transformation will show or hide the “Nav Menu” element.

Now you should be able to view and edit the “Nav Menu” element :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are a life saver, appreciate it buddy :grinning: