Change the Page Language with Google Translate & jQuery

I used custom code and google translate to make my site multilingual. The problem that appears though, is that when I change from the default language(en) to any other language(ex. japanese), the site continues in that language, but when I switch back to English, and change the page, the language (japanese) returns. I added a video showing this process.
Currently the site only has the translation code on the Home page and the Battle->System page, for testing/debugging purposes.


Here is my site Read-Only: LINK

Here’s the live site: https://temari.webflow.io/

Here’s a YouTube video showing the bug/problem