Can you override layout btwn different breakpoints?

Does anyone know if it’s possible to change layout of elements between breakpoints? I am trying to show columns for Tablet and stacked rows for Mobile, and can’t figure how to override inherited formatting without impacting other breakpoint layouts.

Yes you can position elements in a grid based on the break point. I would suggest watching the Grid course on Webflow’s University to learn how.

Got it i’ll check it out, thanks!!

The grid content is not behaving as expected when going from desktop to any mobile layout. I made all of the elements as div-blocks and set to manual so I could move them in the mobile layout. When I do that, they also move in the desktop!

Here is a sketch of what I want vs. what I get.

I have also tried to delete a column, but that does not work at all.

I have watched every video on the grid topic multiple times. This seems like a minor ‘re-arranging’ of content, so what am I missing???

1 Like

Did you ever figure this out? Its driving me nuts cause I can’t figure out why its rearranging the display order!!!

1 Like

I have found a solution to this (it was also driving me nuts!)
It took me a while to figure out that the “layer” order affects all elements on all breakpoints.

The fix: on your affected breakpoint, set the element to “manual” and then manually fill out the col/row position. this does not affect the document order, ie it stops the layout issues on larger breakpoints.

Screenshot 2021-10-31 at 23.48.26

This video explains it better that me: https://youtu.be/z-jaWufiiD4?t=311

Cheers,
Aidan